You are going to construct a data base of Australian Prime Ministers.
9. PM Number
10. Election Won
11. Times in Office
12. Military Service
13. 1 Memorable Act while PM
Follow these steps. There are two ways of beginning, so read first and choose a method. If you are still unsure ask your teacher.
1. Click on the words, Click to Add. This will let you add Field Names and Field Types.
2. A drop down menu appears and you must select the field type.
3. The words, Click to Add, change to a highlighted word Field. Type the Name of the field. Repeat these steps for the 13 fields.
The 14th field will contain a photo of the Prime Minister and can not be completed in Datasheet View (Table View). So.....
2. Find the column headed 'Field Names'. Click in the first empty cell and type the 14 field names from the top of the page, one in each cell.
4. Move down to 'Making Records'.
1. Click on View and select Design View.
3. Select a Data Type, next to a field name, that you wish to change. Click on the drop down menu arrow. Select the new data type.
When selecting 'Numbers', it is important to know that no other characters than numbers can be stored there.
'OLE Object' can contain visual and information objects of all kinds: text, pictures, calendars, animations, sound, video, 3-D, news updates and more. OLE stands for Object Linking and Embedding. We will be adding a picture.
1. Click on View and select Datasheet View (table).
2. Open your notes on Australian Prime Ministers. Start typing, or cut and paste from your Microsoft Word document.
3. When you wish to insert your picture, you need to move it from the network folder into your picture folder to make it easier.
You will need two windows open side by side.
Patience is required because you will not be placing your pictures into the record until you have created the form. Move to the next web page.
You have already saved the database as 'yourname(s)AustralianPrimeMinisters). Access prompts you to save as you change from different views so no changes will be lost. Continue to use the same name.
I Can't See All My Text
If you wish to change the row height so you can see more of the text in Datasheet View, follow these steps: